Online Marketing Experience
I have been involved in developing comprehensive communications strategies utilizing technology to market products for over seven years. Over my career I have developed experience in the following:
- Online marketing site audits, competitive assessment and Search Engine Optimization for existing sites.
- Search engine marketing of sites including link building
- Social Media marketing strategies for link building and brand building
- Online marketing training webinars
- Face-to-face online marketing, local search, social media and web analytics training sessions and workshops
- PPC ad management through a Google Grant.
- Management of web analytics (Omniture and Google Analytics) for national non-profit sites, and training for local sites.
- Information architecture development, usability testing and assessment for new web sites or redesign of old sites
All of which are outlined in my resume.
I also blog about online marketing tactics and techniques on my blog: SearchMarketingforNonprofits.
I have provided online marketing consulting support to the following non-profits, governments and businesses:
- International Food and Information Council,
- GHI International
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- National 4-H Council
- Barquin International
- USDA REEIS
- Points of Light & Hands on Network1-800-Volunteer.org
- Joy of Motion
- Maine Organization of Storytelling Enthusiasts
Feel free to view some of my online marketing consulting examples:
Online Marketing Training
My online marketing training sessions have become very popular, and I've run sessions at the following venues:
I try to publish my online marketing training materials as well, and they are below:
- Online Marketing 101: Can Volunteers Searching on the Internet Find You?
Come learn how to drive volunteers to your website and online opportunities. Unless you work on optimizing your Volunteer Center’s website and marketing it to search engines (Google, Yahoo, Ask.com or MSN/Live), volunteers searching the web WILL NOT FIND YOU. The steps are easy, and you’ll leave with steps and templates to get started. Online Marketing 101 Training
- Online Marketing 201: Benchmarking your Site, Registering with Local Search and Engaging Web 2.0
Have you attended the basic Search Engine Marketing Training and you're ready for more? You will learn about how you measure how effective your website is at attracting traffic (based on how well your competitors are doing), and then dive into how to register for local search engines and how you can use online communities like Facebook, Gather.com, and Craigslist.org to promote your volunteer opportunities. Online Marketing 201 Training
- How to use your volunteers to build links to your website
Praise for Online Marketing Training
I truly enjoy training non-profits on online marketing and web analytics, and they appreciate my ability to make the steps easy to understand and implement. Here are some of the comments from my online marketing training sessions:
- "Thanks a lot for for the Social Media Training. You have no idea how helpful it was for our Foundation. You have been a light for us who were in the darkness on Social Media. " - Rev. Jean-Claude Atusameso, President, JATUKIK PROVIDENCE FOUNDATION
"I wanted to share with you that your workshop was the best that I attended at the conference (National Conference on Volunteering and Service). I especially appreciated the presentation of different levels of investment in SEO activities based upon how much time individuals have available." - Marta Bortner, CaliforniaVolunteers
- Additional feedback from my workshop at the National Conference on Volunteering and Service
- "Thank you so much Katherine. Yours was the most relevant and useful webinar that I have participated in recent history. Thanks again!"- Sarah W. Catoe, Hands On Asheville-Buncombe
- "Your knowledge is invaluable to us and I am so very grateful to you for sharing your expertise with us. We’ll be checking your blog as we update our own online marketing…and I’m sure we will be asking for help in the future! You are the BEST, Katherine. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!!" --Ann Wilson Director of Operations Joy of Motion Dance Center Director